Have you often found yourself dreaming of having a job that would allow you to work anywhere?
But you’re not sure what kind of role you’d like or even whether this kind of lifestyle is for you?
Why should you take part in our remote experience program
Discover how to build an in-demand skillset that will help you learn to work anywhere.
Learn the tools and practices used by successful remote workers.
Get connected with fast-growing startups that are hiring remotely.
Nearly a quarter of remote workers earn over $100,000 a year
What could I learn on Start Me Up’s remote experience program
How to work remotely
How to find remote work opportunities
How to develop an in-demand skillset
Remote work best practices
What key skills do I need?
Attention to detail
“Working for a startup was really important to me and also I really liked Start Me Up because its programs are based in co-working spaces, not offices.
So you could meet people, network with them and get some more ideas about what you want to do in the future.”
Lenny had over ten year’s experience working in corporate IT. She wanted to switch careers into UX and experience the world of remote work and so joined Start Me Up’s Remote Experience Program in Bali.
I worked for a company that is based in Italy. It’s different to the corporate environment because you have to make sure you are communicating more to make sure everyone is in the loop.
Having interned remotely, I can’t see myself working another corporate job. I have loved choosing my hours and being flexible.
This experience was honestly so much better than I expected. Not only is the company great and the communication with my mentor, but the lifestyle is so much better than I expected.
It’s also a very flexible program so if you’re an organized person you can structure your own day, put as much effort in as you want and it’s very rewarding.
When can I go?
Our programs start with a weekend of fun so we recommend you join on the Friday to make the most of your time with us and acclimatize before your placement starts.
Dates in dark blue signify high season.
How much is it?
Registration fee to secure your place
- The registration fee is to secure your place on the program and kick off the pre-departure process with our team.
- The registration fee is your first contribution to the overall program fee and so is in addition to the fees listed.
- The remaining program fee will need to be paid 8 weeks prior to start date.
Remote Experience Program1 Month
- Combine travel and work experience.
- Learn essential in-demand skills and apply them to real-life startups.
- From UX to coding, you can discover sought-after skills to get a top job.
Low vs. high season prices
1 month high season – $3,110
2 months high season – $5,810
1 month low season – $2,900
2 months low season – $5,510
See what's included
- Accommodation for the duration of the program
- Airport pickup on arrival
- Co-working space membership
- Training and onboarding
- Access to entrepreneur-focused events every week.
- Access to training across a range of disciplines
- Arrival bag with a reusable water bottle and sim card
- Workshops on a range of in-demand skills ranging from design to entrepreneurship.
- Demo Day
- Work experience placement with a startup.
- Work on anything between 1 and 4 projects per month.
- Access to our expert mentor network
- Training in remote work practices
- LinkedIn Coaching